Come celebrate nature with us. Wednesday-Sunday 10:00am-4:00pm
Lakewold Gardens is a premier Northwest garden experience and is dedicated to preserving and enhancing the historic gardens, offering each visitor an inspirational experience through growth and learning in a profoundly unique setting.
Fairy house contest
Sign up now for the most magical, mystical, magnificent contest for the year! Lakewold Gardens is booming and there's a fairy house shortage, Help homeless fairies by becoming a fairy architect and building the best house possible.
Fairy house Category:
- Child: ages 5-11
- Youth: ages 12-17
- Adult: Ages 18 & Over
- Family Category: Parents and children (2-15 years) who would like to build a fairy house together
Prizes will be awarded to the 1st & 2nd place winners in all categories. Judging will take place on June 19th by the staff and board members of Lakewold Gardens. Winners will be announced on June 21st!
Fairy house contest rules and information:
- Use of natural materials
- All fairy houses must appear to be made entirely of natural components. Hot glue, acrylic spray, natural twine and other man-made items can be used but must be completely concealed by natural materials and items made to look like natural materials.
- Platforms or man-made support materials can be used for easier delivery and transport, but must be concealed with natural materials when installed on-site.
- Houses should be tabletop size and portable (maximum dimensions 2ft wide x 2ft high)
- please use a sturdy base that can hold up if wet (such as plywood).
- Please do not use any items of value in the houses as Lakewold Gardens is not responsible for any loss or damage
- While it is understood that small children require some assistance in construction; please allow your child to be in charge of the design, construction, and decoration.
- The theme of the house may be anything you wish.
design should be original and not copied from any commercially available or copy-right Fairy Houses. Lakewold Gardens is not responsible for any infringements on such designs. Any items deemed to be copied will be removed from the competition. Lakewold Gardens is also not responsible for not recognizing any such infringements and relies on the integrity of all participants to provide honest, original submissions.
Installation and Delivery: Your completed house must be delivered to Lakewold Gardens June 13-16 between the hours of 10-3:30pm.All contest participates must fill out the form below to be able to participate. Houses MUST be picked up June 26-30th. Any houses not picked up will be recycled.
Learn in the Garden
June 15, 2019 10:00
Growing Gorgeous Hydrangeas
Join Horticulturalist and hydrangea lover George Lasch for a tour of Lakewold’s Hydrangea collection. He will explain the distinguishing traits between species, how best to care for the different types, and how to keep hydrangeas healthy and beautiful with proper pruning techniques.
A heartfelt thank you to all who made Lakewold Garden's first GiveBIG such a resounding success.
We exceeded our goal!
A special acknowledgment to our Board of Trustees for their generous match! GiveBIG dollars grow our daily operations, ensuring the preservation and replenishment of our beautiful gardens, which provide inspirational visitor experiences. Celebrate Mother Day with us this weekend, and enjoy Mayfest activities. THANK YOU we couldn't do it without you! GARDENS TRANSFORM LIVES!
12317 Gravelly Lake Drive Southwest
Lakewood, WA 98499
Post Office Box 39780
Lakewood, WA 98496
The advertisement is made possible, in part, by a City of Lakewood Lodging Tax Grant