Fairyfest is back with a fabulous lineup of family-friendly activities to make your weekend magical! Don't miss all your favorite activities while exploring the gardens in what is sure to be a beautiful start to summer!
2021 FairyFest schedule:
Friday - Sunday
- Fairy House Display: Don't forget to vote on your favorite fairy house! Also, you can build your own fairy house ahead of time and have it displayed in the gardens during Fairyfest! If you do this, you could possibly win a Lakewold Gardens membership for a year! See details below.
- Build your own fairy wings on-site activity
- Build your own fairy house on-site activity
- Fairy door scavenger hunt: Find the 10 fairy doors hidden around the gardens.
Saturday / Sunday Only
- Javeon Bryd storytelling and interactive safe drumming (1pm & 3pm)
- Fairy mini-painting sessions with Kate Cendejas-Thun *(The session cost is $5 per person - pay and schedule your painting time at admissions upon arrival - a new session will begin every 30 minutes throughout the day.)
- Tinker-Bell from Emerald Kingdom Parties: Get your photo taken with Tinker-Bell (11am-2pm)
- Dance performance by T.U.P.A.C. (Saturday 10:00 A.M.)
- Twyla - Live harp performance on Sunday (10am-1pm)
In the Shop/ Vendors:
- efairies.com will be on-site Friday - Sunday, selling all things fairy!
- Hawthorne & Honey in the shop on Friday
- Zhenya Rhoads of Color Cornucopia in the shop on Saturday
- Brigida's Handmade Jewelry on-site (Sat/Sun)
- Also, select shrubs and trees will be on sale in the shop during FairyFest!
Food / Refreshments
✾ BUILD YOUR OWN FAIRY HOUSE ✾
1) It’s time to build your fairy house! You can build it freehand, or choose a structure to affix your materials to. If you would like to keep your fairy house outside, this structure should be made out of wood, or something waterproof. Ideas: consider using an old birdhouse, watering can, or flowerpot.
2) Gather your materials! Look around a yard or green space for natural elements to build your house with. Consider branches, moss, pinecones, leaves, shells and vines. Small stones, pebbles, and flowers will also work. What other materials will you add?
3) Now that you have an optional structure and materials chosen, start assembling! For this step, you may need a small hammer and nails, a hot glue gun, wood glue, or simply some white glue. Consider your materials and use your best judgment. Safety first!
4) Once your house is completed, snap a picture! Send this photo to email@example.com and we can include it on our website! Be sure to include in the e-mail a description of your fairy house long with a compelling name, and the name and ages of each builder or building team. *(Submissions due by Thursday, June 24th)
5) Please do not submit commercial or plastic kits or any sort of copyrighted imagery. We want to see what your imagination comes up with!
6) We would love to have your submissions on-site during FairyFest! During Fairyfest we will be placing the houses around Lakewold to be enjoyed by visitors. Visitors will vote on their favorite house and one lucky house will win the People's Choice Award, which will be announced at the close of FairyFest once all votes are tallied. Drop off your creations from now until June 24th, anytime we are open to the public.
Happy Fairy House Building!
✾ VIRTUAL FAIRYFEST CONTENT ✾
Javoen Byrd of Awodi Drumming:
Javoen Byrd joined us at Lakewold Gardens to film this instructional African drumming lesson with stories from the Yoruba culture. Click above to view the video, and if you have a drum lying around, grab it and follow along!